Athlon Optics - Midas,8x42
Athlon Optics The rugged benchmark for all-weather brightness and clarity, Midas roof-prism binoculars are light and slim thanks to a magnesium chassis. With their ED Glass lenses, Advanced Fully multi-coated optics, high-quality BaK-4 prisms with our ESP Dielectric coating plus phase coating, the Midas binoculars gather maximum light and produce brilliant color fidelity. The waterproof, shockproof design and rubber armor are ready for anything you are. No matter the conditions, with Midas, the outlook is clear. Other design enhancements include our XPL Lenses coating that protects the exterior lenses from scratches, dust and anything else mother nature throws at you. The also feature improved twist-up eyecups and argon purging.
- ED Glass- High definition glass: ED glass gives you an image with little or no chromatic fringe so the final result brings an ultimate clearest and sharpest image to your eyes
- ESP Dielectric Coating-Enhanced Spectral Prism Dielectric Coating: ESP Dielectric Coating is a multi layer prism coating that reflects over 99% of the light to your eyes bringing you a clear, bright image that displays accurate color reproduction
- Lightweight Magnesium Chassis: Magnesium chassis give you the strength of a metal chassis while reducing the weight as much as 35%
- XPL Coating- Xtra Protective Layer coating: XPL Coating gives you an extra protection on the exterior lenses from dirt, oil and scratches
- Phase Corrected prisms: Phase corrected prisms produce images that have better contrast, a higher resolution and better color reproduction
- BaK4 prisms: Bak-4 glass prisms reflect more light to your eyes which will give you brighter and sharper image
- Advanced FMC: Advanced Fully Multi-Coated lenses gives you better light transmission to bring optimum brightness and true color across the entire light spectrum
- Long Eye Relief: Long eye relief can be particularly important for eyeglass wearers because longer eye relief allows them to still see the entire field of view
- Close Focus: Close focus is important for those who are nature observers and especially important if you are going to watch butterflies or insects
- Twist Up Eyecups: Twist up eyecups with intermediate stops allow you to set the eyecups to the ideal eye relief for you eyes
- Waterproof: Waterproof to protect the binocular in the harshest weather conditions or if accidentally submerged underwater
- Argon Purged: Argon purging gives you better waterproofing and thermal stability
- Power: 8X
- Objective Lens Diameter: 42 mm
- Eye Relief: 17.2 mm
- Field of View Angular: 8.1
- Field of View Feet @1000 Yards: 426'
- Field of View Meters @1000 Meters: 144 m
- Close Focus: 6.5'
- Interpupillary Distance: 57 mm-74mm
- Weight: 25 oz.
Athlon Optics - Midas,8x42