Hornady - Ammo 223 Rem 73gr Eld Match/20
Hornady This ammunition is custom-grade from the factory, loaded to stringent specifications to guarantee proper ignition and provide consistent, match-winning, pinpoint accuracy, shot after shot. Performs as well or better than handloads. This ammunition is new production, non-corrosive, in boxer primed, reloadable brass cases.
Conventional polymer tips in high BC bullets melt in flight. Hornady engineers discovered that conventional bullet tip materials in streamlined, high BC bullets melt and deform. Although not a significant issue affecting moderate BC conventional tipped varmint and hunting bullets, aerodynamic heating causes BC reduction and degradation of accuracy, particularly at extended ranges (400 yds +). To counter this effect, Hornady identified a heat resistant polymer and developed the patent pending Heat Shield tip. This revolutionary new tip creates the perfect meplat (tip) with exceptionally consistent results from bullet-to-bullet and lot-to-lot. The Heat Shield tip defies the effects of aerodynamic heating and retains its shape to provide a perfect meplat (tip) that is always the same shape. A streamlined secant ogive with optimum boattail design, plus the highly concentric AMP bullet jackets, combined with the patent pending Heat Shield tip creates a supremely accurate, high BC match bullet. ELD-Match bullet BCs are measured with Doppler radar and corrected to standard atmospheric conditions.
- Caliber: .223 Remington
- Bullet Weight: 73 Grains
- Bullet Style: ELD Match Polymer Tip
- Lead Free: No
- Case Type: Brass
- Primer: Boxer
- Corrosive: No
- Reloadable: Yes
- Quantity: Per 20
- Muzzle Velocity: 2790 Feet Per Second (FPS), Muzzle Energy: 1262 Feet Pounds, and Muzzle Trajectory: -1.50
- 100 Yards: Velocity: 2564 FPS, Energy: 1066 Ft Lbs, and Trajectory: 1.90"
- 200 Yards: Velocity: 2349 FPS, Energy: 894 Ft Lbs, and Trajectory: 0
- 300 Yards: Velocity: 2144 FPS, Energy: 745 Ft Lbs, and Trajectory: -8.20"
- 400 Yards: Velocity: 1950 FPS, Energy: 616 Ft Lbs, and Trajectory: -24"
Note: Test Barrel Length is 24"